Saturday, February 20, 2010

Shes almost 2 weeks already!

Our little Kenadie is already 12 days old, holy cow its already going by so fast!! It has been quite the experience and I'm loving every minute of it :) Lots of family came by to see her, andit was so good to see everyone. My sisters haven't seen her yet and they can hardly wait. I have to email pics just about every day, but hopefully they will see her real soon! My mom came and stayed for just about a week right after she was born, and it helped so much! I already miss her tonz! It was quite emotional when she left. Kenadie is already back to her birth weight and is doing really good! She has a little jaundice but nothing serious and she had a little eye infection for a couple days, but even that has cleared up now. She hasn't quite mastered night and day yet, but hopefully she will get there real soon ;) Everyday she is awake a little bit more and is making more and more facial expresions already! The dogs are doing really good with her. There still a little hyper and a bit curious. They are protective of her already. When she cries, they are alert and follow us around while we carry her, and when shes laying down somewhere they like to be right there next to her. Oh i just love her sooo much! Here is just a couple of pictures of what we have been up to the last little bit!


She hated her first bath, and her 2nd, and her third!!!



She has perfected the bottle without hands, she is a hard sucker, trust me ;)



She looks a chunky in pics, but shes really not chunky at all yet!

Finally a pic with her eyes open!!

Shes ready to eat right now :)

4 comments:

Joni said...

She is getting big.. Cant wait to see you guys.. Let us know when you come to town.. Danica says hi to little Kenadie..

loriallen said...

She is so pretty:) Melanie, that pic of you holding her with the bottle disturbs me....you have quite the hairy chest!!!!! I love the pics thanks so much!!! I want to hold her sooooooooo much! Thanks so very much for the pics and updates it's very appreciated! Love you girls!! and Lane too:)

Stephanie King said...

Cute baby and cute name!! love it!

Cally said...

I'm with Lori...for a second I thought we were going to get a pic of you nursing her and then I saw the hairy chest (and the bottle) and knew it was Lane...it is right? ;) She's a cutie! When will you be down to Esky next? We're going down for Easter. If you'll be down around then I'll leave your blanket there. If not, I'll mail it to you. Let me know.