Friday, March 27, 2009

Personal Journal

Sorry everyone, this post is more of a personal journal for me tonight!! Its boring for you to read, so feel free to skip it :) I needed to get some stuff out, and for some reason going through all of these and writing them, then reading them again made me feel a little better. If you have any good ones,I apparently am in the mood to hear it :) I'm not crazy I promise!!!

Every wrong seems possible today, and is accepted. I don't accept it. ~Pablo Casals

The time is always right to do what is right. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people. -Martin Luther King, Jr,

You can tell more about a person by what he says about others, than you can by what others say about him.-Leo Aikman

Never explain. Yours friends do not need it, and your enemies will not believe it anyways.-Elbert Hubbard

Do not condem the judgement of another because it differs from your own, you may both be wrong.-Dandemis

A friend is one who comes in when the whole world has gone out. - Unknown

Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter won't mind.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

3 comments:

Allen Family said...

This was a cute post, Mel. I have always loved that last quote about accepting things we cannot change and having courage to change what we can. What brought this post on for you? I hope you're doing ok with Lane being gone so much. That's no fun anytime, but especially so early in your marriage. I think of you a lot and hope you are happy and surrounded by friends and family. I wish there was something I could do for you (ie; sit and eat an entire tub of icecream while our husbands are gone, watch a great chick flick etc.) I feel too far away at times like these! Sure love you, Mel.
--Jes

loriallen said...

Mel, That was beautiful and eye-opening. Let others be condemned for being judgemental, but realize only you know what's best for you. I have a poem "Voice" by Shel Silverstien I quote to my kids often. "There is a voice inside of you that whispers all day long 'I feel that this is right for me, I know that this is wrong' No teacher preacher, parent, friend, or wise man can decide what's right for you-just listen to the voice that speaks inside." Cally is always great to get me back to center by telling me that everyone has something to say about something but only Lori knows what's right for Lori and Lori's family." I love you Mel! I'm up for Ben and Jerry's!! NY Super Chunk Fudge!

loriallen said...

PS I love the quotes you have posted! Great for some deep thought, and ice cream!